Monday 22 September 2014

Blackwork , nearly there ...

Some more progress is done from the last time when I was talking about my Blackwork .
Not to much but yet...

I really need to get some Photography classes as my pictures are terrible .
Maybe one more go in one day and I have finish the flesh . There is just a bit of the curly hair left and the strap from the dress .
Anyway I think I have learn quite few thinks in this one and the main think is choose maybe just 2-3-4 stitches and stuck with them . Don't try to modify stitches so to fit your design as you get a nightmare when try to meet them with other ones.
I will take it with me when I go to the course in October anyway. I have the feeling they will have a good laugh but I think this will be the good think because I would not let them without telling me what is wrong and what should have been done .

I do have  big dilemma of what will I choose to do as my piece for grading .
I would not like to do another  portrait  so soon but in the same time I don't like buildings either .
Animals in other hand I think they  are the subject of so many people .
I don't really know what I want and the problem is I do not have to much time to avoid the subject either. In the next few days or week have to be decided.

I will have to go over my few tens of thousands of pictures .

Any ideas?

Have a great time



Monday 8 September 2014

Blackwork embroidery-- progress

I start to be in panic a bit as time is flying here around . I had planed to finish my blackwork piece until I go back to RSN for the module and I am a bit behind.Here is my progress from the weekend 
 Here is a pic with what I had last week
I think I had complicate my self with trying to get the waves in the hair from different kind of stitches and from changing direction.
Is kind of hard or maybe because I fell under pressure I just find it a bit difficult . Anyway I am very curios to see the end and to see what they will tell me in RSN.
Hope I did not destroy the model :) .

 I still have a big clump of curly hair in the left side and a piece of dress in the right .
Then is lots of adjustments to be done here and there ....
I think the best way to see the hair is when you look at the original picture in colour.
I just start to be more excited to finish this picture as is already from to much time on the frame .
Theoretical this should have been finished by 22nd September 14 but because I had to postpone my travel to RSN for October I got a bit lazy .
Well I still what to finish it by end of September
The problem is I need to prepare 20 kits of lace by mid October as I have a big class in second weekend of October and another big one the next week . I have to see how I juggle all this .
Well thinks have to be done somehow .
:) :)

Happy crafting all

Monday 1 September 2014

''Embroidery Windows '' more updates

I finally got the courage to start in one of the windows with DMC cotton .
Hmm... crewel with cotton floss ... not so funny
I choose for this exercise the Owl window . First to do the branch with raised stem stitch .
As you can see below a bit of a w ably start...

 Then after many many rows a bit of more body to the branch
 In this pic below I try to show off how much raised is this branch . All in all I think I am happy how came out . I think I will use a normal stem stitch under branch so I can make it much smut.
 Here is an overview picture of the work done in this window . Is taking a lot of time , maybe much more than expected .

 The leaf on the side have french knots done with only one wrap and bullion knots .

 Bless PC's as I always can see the faults on the work . With my eyes I never could see how many stitches I still miss on my long and short area of the owl . I will be back over this area at the end and will see if I can fix it.
I think this will be one of the slow going projects but I stat to get use to have some of this .

 Happy crafting all