Monday 5 October 2015

The Crafty Fox workshop

Is so much time past from my last post !!! If I keep posting in blog and FB I am not having any time left over for some actual work to do .
Been very busy up to now between preparing for the Lace Convention at An Grianan , classes in Dublin City and Drogheda.
This weekend it was the first when I had been very happy the way my embroidery classes are going . Refining my teaching directions , I have got a lot of new ideas about how the classes should flow .

Anyway I was very happy and lucky to have a very experienced class. Not so much on dealing with the materials I use - wool but very experienced in sewing in general .
Very open to my own ideas too which make things much easy .
I did not manage to get any pictures in the class due to me been headless as usual and forget the camera at home.
Anyway been send in the facebook few pics from the lovely  Elizabeth's Catstree work.
Here is she showing off her french knots which had been a nemesis for long time for her .So I have hopes she will tame them and use them a lot .
The whole design is finished now and I can't wait to see what she will use it for .
Another girl sending me the final picture was Imelda McKeogh  which did a great job her self 




Only one girl, Jana ,  had been with no experience in any sort of embroidery. What can I say she is a natural in doing embroidery . Not only she keep up with all the other she did not need any special attention and the job was actually great . A bit of polish in her skills and I may be attempted to get her as an assistant :) :).
All in all a very good day and I have to thank again to all the staff in The Crafty Fox  for all the help and assistance.

I will be back soon with some pictures from the Lace Convention.

Happy crafting all
Hugs 
Renata





4 comments:

  1. I love the design of the flower. So many cute elements and the colour contrast is wonderful.
    http://inkandlacedesigns.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena, I just think is very like Xmas colours even if wasn't desined for this reason.

      Delete
  2. good to see your students are doing so well and you are enjoyng teaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret , I do still try to find my own style teaching but Yes I am happy with student's progress in the class. Maybe I try to give them to much ....

      Delete